sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • Cc: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:24:22 -0500

It's sad to see you go Lyon... I suspect I may be one of the developers you've mentioned, so would it be too blunt of me to ask for some post-factum opinions :-)?

Lyon Lemmens wrote:

As a consequence I found other people stepping in and fixing bugs. As much as I applaud the efford, I also found that I really didn't like people downgrading or deleting spells without any form of discussion just because they thought it would be a good idea.

Did you try to initiate this discussion? How would you like this process to be changed to work to everyone's satisfaction? E.g., block addition of new spells directly, go through Bugzilla instead, or something like that. Also, do you think having non-published devel grimoire makes things easier, more difficult, or doesn't influence anything in regards to what you're saying above?
I don't want to be a pain in the neck so feel free to ignore this of course.
Again, sorry to see you go. Thank you and good luck!

Sergey.