seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Eggplant type?

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Glad <gladgrower@gmail.com>
  • To: "Seed Keepers" <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Eggplant type?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:15:22 -0500

Hi Bill,
    I didn't notice a difference in taste between the Long Purple and the Black Beauty.just a different shape.  I do no know how it would grow in your cooler climate by SF, but i do know my eggplants always seemed to grow better once the temps got quite warm.....like peppers and tomatoes.
Perhaps others in cool, moist climates will chime in on this.

Glad, or others... I have tried and like the Black Beauty type.
Usually dipped and fried.

How would the other type, (long purple) compare, or, would it?
Is it that different? Or just shaped differently?

Are dif USDA Zones indicated? Different needs? Strengths? Etc.

BillSF9c