seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] To chat or not to chat?

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkin@xanadoo.com>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] To chat or not to chat?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:07:42 -0600

I was going to respond to a post this morning, and I though, no...some people have seemed to want conversation to be only seed trading just lately, better ask. So I asked, and the following is what I got back with my message included so it'll make sense

(>> = me)
So, is a discussion of exactly how people garden on topic or off?

(> = da listowner)

I was wondering that too because I wanted to respond to the question about raised bed gardening methods that the handicapped have issues with. I ended up jut not responding at all thinking it would be nonseedkeeping related and would lead discussion away from what many or most would want.

I suggest we ask to see if that would be a good thing or if it would drive many people away from the list.

Personally I think some gardening talk should be allowed because that affects our ability to produce seeds and if some are doing it wrong then they would benefit from learning from others. Or I could start a new forum
<snip of possible forum names>

Quote any of this you want if you start discussion about this in the list.

Ok, people, is gardening talk part of what you're here for or do you just want to swap seeds? Do you want a different list provided for gardening conversation?

Morgan, who if she gets a vote on seed swapping etiquette would really like to ask that people contact the people offering or wanting privately rather than on the list unless private email bounces.