seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Biodiversity NO seeds in the artic!

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: kevin dudley <forthillbootstompers@hotmail.co.uk>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Biodiversity NO seeds in the artic!
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:18:32 +0000

I dont think that Gene banks and "Domesday Vaults" are the rightfull place for seeds! These are living changing forms of life that also need to be in the public domain. the most secure place for seeds is in the ground being grown and saved (am i allowed to use this word?) to be grown again. Again we are being pumped with fear! I for one will not be making my way to the frozen north (if god forbid something drastic does happen) to find some vault for seeds! Who ownes these vaults and if in a multi national corp how do i get to own one. Seeds dont grow in the artic do they?   Kevin..Seed saver (I will not cease or dissist!)