pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Restrepia chocoensis and Trisetella regia

  • From: Minet Laurent <laurentminet@yahoo.fr>
  • To: geiger <geiger@vetigastropoda.com>, "pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Restrepia chocoensis and Trisetella regia
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:20:45 +0100

I have no idea of what the sample size was when Luer dissected and described both species (he often based his work on single specimen), but I entirely agree that such closely looking "species", with suxh minor difference, being almost sympatric, could as well be regarded as one single, slightly variable, species! that's why I did cross my 2 plants, I hardly can consider both as different species.
Laurent