person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Heat and bees

  • From: Chris Bradley <Chris.Bradley AT gkndriveline.com>
  • To: "person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org" <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Heat and bees
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 16:43:41 +0000

I want to take a real good look at my bees and clean up some of the wax they have been putting in a few places that cause a little trouble. The weather is getting rather hot so I'm wondering what time of day is best to dig in to the hive? I've been at work this weekend so morning aren't an option until next weekend. I get home around 5pm most days, so will that work? I'm worried that they will have the hive temp like they want it and then I'll go in and caused them a lot of grief. I haven't seen anything that concerns me except that I need to get some of the build up cleaned on the sides of a couple frames. I may need to add a super because the last time I was in the top/2nd deep they were active on 6 of the frames. If I do this, can I add another deep (What I have on hand) or should I pick up the supplies for some medium suppers? Thanks!

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it contain information which is confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s) and which may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee(s), or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, print, disclose or use any part of it or its attachments. Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or free of any virus. The GKN Group does not accept liability for any loss or damage arising in any way from changes to this e-mail or its attachments which may occur in transmission due to network, machine or software failure or manufacturer or operator error, or from unauthorised access or interference with internet communications by any third party or from the transmission of any viruses. Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the GKN Group or any part of it is personal to the sender and is not given or in any way endorsed by the GKN Group or any part of it.