permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Co-opertaive models..more please

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Co-opertaive models..more please
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 00:40:44 -0500

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:41 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.resilience.org/stories/2018-01-17/the-
> catalan-integral-cooperative-the-simpler-way-revolution-is-well-underway/
>
> We need more of these

Good grief, thanks for posting this, Steve. We sure do need more of this
kind of approach to economic survival, communalism, collectivism,
communalist agrarian and manufacturing communities and villages and
networks of them. I have been preaching this for years, exactly this but
without so much subvert the dominant paradigm stuff but create a parallel
economy and society. They put it well here:
"This is a remarkable and inspiring movement in Spain, now involving
hundreds of people in what I regard as an example of The Simpler Way
transition strategy … which is primarily about going underneath the
conventional economy to build our own new collective economy to meet
community needs,", is more than adequate. The Mondragon Collective in the
Basque Country is a good example of how this new system can work and serve
the needs of people living and working in and near the agricultural and
economic systems that enable them to survive in good health with their
needs met. It would be great to hear Scott on this subject.

Thanks for posting this fascinating article.

LL