permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Solar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "P. Jeremy Baker" <childscrick@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Solar
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:48:50 -0700

A couple of points spring to mind regarding investing in solar energy. As
long as all the necessary permits were acquired then banks recognize solar in
the appraisal and mortgage. If the time comes to sell this is important. It's
transferable.
A grid tie system without battery backup is basically hassle free. A off
grid or grid tie with battery backup system is a lifestyle change and bigger
investment of time, money, and maintenance.
If the panels are placed on the roof the roofing underneath should be new or
in excellent condition.
Enjoy,

Jeremy