permaculture - Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 08:21:21 -0400

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any PDC should be a third world PDC because most people from the First
> World might as well be, for all practical purposes, living in a Third World
> country, especially if you are looking at income and mobility.
>
> Again, my own obsession for today is that PDC's should be Third World
> events, not First World,

As I said before the IPC's should be for third world people and in the
first world, the middle class and those really on a budget. I decided that
the role of the speakers should be to bestow the maximum amount of
permaculture knowledge possible to those attending the IPC, who would then
take it back home and use it to help their people, help them become self
sufficient and independent and able to survive conditions in the countries
where they live. That to me would be a good reason to have an IPC. One the
other side of the coin it should provide an opportunity for all the
speakers to build their careers and livelihoods. Everyone should get
something from the IPC, what they need and deserve.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com