permaculture - Re: [permaculture] relationship between tree growth rings and carbon sequestration - Google Search

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] relationship between tree growth rings and carbon sequestration - Google Search
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 19:15:16 -0400

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since it is about environmental conditions then enter permaculture
> forestry. Beyond food forests.

This could be the title of your next book, Toby:

Beyond Food Forests
The Promise of Permaculture For Agroforestry
Rebuilding the Woodlands and Fields

I am a believer in this, have been since my youth.

To repeat what I wrote to Steve:
[long essay I have been thinking a lot about lately; here is a sample:]
Walking softly on the land.
Think long and hard about your footprint on land. In short, keep vehicles
of all types OFF the soil.
Walk only where you absolutely need to. Form your site design around the
extreme care needed to
preserve the native fauna and flora and soil integrity on acreage. Water
channeling and impoundment
and garden preparation, roads and walks might be the only earthworks you
will want to create.
Ask me why I know this is important.

--
Lawrence F. London