permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Help! Understanding Biochar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Help! Understanding Biochar
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 09:33:18 -0700

Thanks for the link to the Biochar Journal, Steve.

There’s an excellent article there by a woman who is very active in biochar
circles, Kelpie Wilson. I’ve met her at conferences, and she knows her stuff.
The article is an in-depth overview of the various properties of biochar and
how it works. There’s some chemistry in it, but it’s not overwhelmingly
technical. One of the best I’ve seen on the subject.

https://www.biochar-journal.org/en/ct/32-How-biochar-works-in-soil

Toby
tobyhemenway.com

Just out: my new book on urban permaculture, The Permaculture City. Order it
at your favorite bookseller or get a signed copy from me at
http://tobyhemenway.com/book/the-permaculture-city/