permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Need plant ID

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <robyn@permaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Need plant ID
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:41:47 +1000

Definitely not Papyrus, but certainly looks like a Cyperus spp, possibly C.
esculentus, (yellow nut sedge). Try a search of Cyperus Spp images.
BTW there’s a neat little mnemonic to help with ID of aquatic edge plants:
Sedges have edges and Rushes are round
and Grasses like asses have holes

cheers, Robyn