permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Need plant ID

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Need plant ID
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:09:39 -0400

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Kevin Topek <ktopek@att.net> wrote:

> Carex pendular appears to have a different fruiting body than Lawrence’s
> specimen. I agree with Vint that it appears to be a sedge, Carex genus. It
> looks like a Papyrus species though, from the umbrella form.

Thanks, Kevin. I looked at hundreds of Google's countless images of sedge,
papyrus, reed, rush, grass and did not see anything that closely resembled
it. It is a beauty and I will save its seeds this year; will try planting
them along the shoreline of my wet weather ponds and a special planting in
a wet area of the yard. It arrived by seed and should go forth and multiply
the same way.
All the Google image pages for those plant species are a real treat to
spend time with, like hours, beautiful landscapes and natural
area in wild settings. Here is a special high tech one: Live Wire Fiber
Optic Grass Plant.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com