permaculture - [permaculture] Need plant ID

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Need plant ID
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 01:38:22 -0400

This volunteer single clump perennial plant is growing in soil that
alternates between very wet and damp. I noticed it a year ago and watched
to see if it survived the Winter and it did with great vigour. It is much
larger now than when I first saw it. It propagates by seed most likely. I
will look at the root system to see if there are any underground runners or
rhizomes. It would work well in a constructed wetland or along crenelated
edges of a pool or pond based aquaculture system as part of the ecosystem
and to bioremediate excess nutrients in runoff feeding any water
impoundment.

Can anyone identify it?

Lawrence F. London
<lfljvenaura@gmail.com>