permaculture - Re: [permaculture] free books about biodynamic?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] free books about biodynamic?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 19:15:18 -0400

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM, DONKA RADEVA via permaculture <
permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> I needed literature for a publication and for a science-project about
> permaculture, bio-dynamic farming, diversification ... interesting things,
> but not so much sources available in the science.

Here are more Biodynamics bibliographies:

Biodynamic Agriculture
http://www.waldorfbooks.com/anthroposophy/biodynamics

Google Books search on biodynamics literature: [here is a great biodynamics
bibiography, on three pages out of the book listed below]
https://books.google.com/books?id=dAyebRtpoYgC&pg=PT208&lpg=PT208&dq=biodynamics+literature&source=bl&ots=LVQ5xkvklo&sig=Ch1rPdtt11uDVyWnlSfOxlQvr2M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCMQ6AEwATgKahUKEwiat_W2ppDGAhWIFZIKHUxYCYk#v=onepage&q=biodynamics%20literature&f=false
https://books.google.com/books?id=dAyebRtpoYgC&dq=biodynamics+literature&source=gbs_navlinks_s
What Is Biodynamics?
Rudolf Steiner
<https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=inauthor:%22Rudolf+Steiner%22>
SteinerBooks, Nov 1, 2005 - Nature
<https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=subject:%22Nature%22&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>
- 103 pages
<https://books.google.com/books?id=dAyebRtpoYgC&dq=biodynamics+literature&sitesec=reviews>
<https://books.google.com/books?id=dAyebRtpoYgC&dq=biodynamics+literature&sitesec=reviews>
In 1924 - in response to questions about the depletion of soils and a
general deterioration of crops and livestock - Rudolf Steiner gave eight
lectures on the spiritual foundations for a renewal of agriculture. Based
on his suggestions and spiritual science, generations of farmers,
gardeners, viticulturist, and researchers developed biodynamics as a
healing, nurturing, holistic, ecological, organic, and spiritual approach
to a sustainable care of the Earth. Biodynamic methods consider the farm or
garden to be a self-contained organism, embedded in the living landscape of
the Earth, which is in turn part of a living, dynamic cosmos of vital,
spiritual energies.
What Is Biodynamics_: A Way to Heal and Revitalize the Earth, 7 selected
lectures [NOOK Book] by Rudolf Steiner
<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/rudolf-steiner>, Hugh J. Courtney
<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/hugh-j.-courtney>
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/what-is-biodynamics-rudolf-steiner/1101502686?ean=9780880109895
Overview:
In 1924-in response to questions about the depletion of soils and a general
deterioration of crops and livestock-Rudolf Steiner gave eight lectures on
"the spiritual foundations for a renewal of agriculture." Based on his
suggestions and spiritual science, generations of farmers, gardeners,
viticulturist, and researchers developed biodynamics as a healing,
nurturing, holistic, ecological, organic, and spiritual approach to a
sustainable care of the Earth. Biodynamic methods consider the farm or
garden to be a self-contained organism, embedded in the living landscape of
the Earth, which is in turn part of a living, dynamic cosmos of vital,
spiritual energies. The aim is to increase the health and vitality of the
whole, including the farmer or gardener. The biodynamic practitioner
follows an alchemical, transformative path of working with the Earth
through the nine "homeopathic" preparations created by Steiner. What Is
Biodynamics? collects seven seminal lectures-four on developing a spiritual
perception of nature and three from his Agriculture Course, dealing with
the preparations. Hugh Courtney of the Josephine Porter Institute for
Applied Biodynamics contributes an informative, passionate, and visionary
introduction. Whether you are concerned with the quality of agriculture and
gardening in particular or have a broader interest in the ecological crises
facing us today, this book offers a transformative approach that can truly
change the way we live together on Earth.

http://www.biodynamic.org.nz/education_resources/reading-about-biodynamics
Reading About Biodynamics

*Books available from the Association*

*(prices include postage)*
Bio Dynamic Farming and Gardening Calendar
(June – Aug prices, calendar year ends 31 May 2015)
Non Members $32.00
Members (extra copy) $17.05

Grasp the Nettle – P Proctor $36.10
A guide to the how-to-do it of biodynamics

Biodynamic Perspectives – Ed: G Henderson $16.50
Wide range of articles on useful practical topics

Biodynamic Farmers Handbook – N Pearce $13.90
Biodynamic practices in a condensed guide

The Sustainable Dream – J Pearce $13.90
Choosing and using your land

Review of Organic Land Management Research
Association R&D Group survey of world
scientific literature $30.80

Biodynamics in Home Garden – P. Proctor $26.70

Fifty Years Practice of Biodynamic Agriculture
How to apply it in the Vineyard – F Bouchet $60.00

One Man, One Cow, One Planet (DVD) $25.90

NZ Organic Production Standards for Biodynamic
Agriculture (Demeter Standards) $29.10

Biodynamic Pasture Management – P Bacchus $27.00

Food Full of Life – G Bacchus $35.00

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com