permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Standards and Principles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dao Initiative <dao.initiative@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Standards and Principles
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:09:54 +0200

I agree with this position on the matter, but on regarding what to do i
don't know, but surely not paying 500 box a year for a Permaculture
Institute approval. The only ethical thing to me is what we try to do in
France, which is some kind of open source label of ethical practice of
permaculture, the members of the permaculture university sign a "charter"
to become member of this university, they can advertise then their workshop
on the website and they get their diploma through the traditionnal system:
they submit their work to two peers who say " we think you're ready" after
having made comments and possibly delayed the diploma when things do not
reach the standards. Then they have to do a public presentation to the
permaculture community and publish a piece of work. The level is increasing
everyyear and new students are inspired by the new diplomee's work. It's
always improving that way.
We are trying to unit all francophone teachers that way and goive more
strength and credibility to the whole movement in france.

sincerely,

Pascal depienne

*Professeur/designer en permaculture*

http://terre-paille.fr