permaculture - Re: [permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 04:51:50 -0700

hi everyone
Toby this sounds really beautiful
We have learned that if you can not fund at least one or two positions of
organizing committee of any event you will not have the people with the time
to raise the resources to run a great event -Toby’s quote "how do we find
the resources to run a great event?” It takes time to raise money ask any
nonprofit what is the largest time sucker -raising money-while you are
organizing any event - this is especially hardest the first time you run any
event .

RA sol who was on NAPC organizing committee came to the organizers of the
Southern Permaculture Convergence and asked us to support him financially
will he worked on the NAPC organizing. We gave him $1000 from our surplus
funds from our last convergence. This money only allowed him to help for a
short time to get the non profit status for NAPC then he need more money to
continue on

Would you be willing to put $100-$500 in a pot for the next NAPC convergence
to fund organizing positions and campaign at the NAPC event to get this money
so we can change the way we design the Convergence model as suggested by
systems thinker Donella Meadows
wes