permaculture - [permaculture] Seeking sweetpotatoes partnership

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Seeking sweetpotatoes partnership
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 22:04:52 +0100

Hi friends,

I am a sweetpotatoe lover, but here in Europe there are no (in words: zero) named varieties available. I am sure there are some in Italy, but I cant get my hands on them. So I am currently growing 3 unnamed varieties that I bought in an Asian groceries store, but I long to grow some from Sandhill Preservation Center http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/catalog/sweet_potatoes.html - but those guys do not ship to Europe.

So, I am looking for another sweetpotatoe lover, who either has some varieties from my wishlist, or is willing to gve them a try (I am willing to pay for the slips), and at the end of the season send me one healthy tuber from each variety. So next year I can grow my own slips and grow grow grow them :)

If you are in a southern clime and like the proposal, please contact me (on- or offlist)

Best!
Georg

Wishlist:

Caroline ruby