permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Trouble with Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Koreen Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Trouble with Permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 04:48:06 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure who you are hanging out with, but I think most of us do stress
that getting it right is a process. If one compares permaculture to just
about any other subject in that regard, I think we will find that we come out
pretty glowingly. Look at the "science" of "Green Revolution" agriculture
which is not unlike the two monkeys who see and hear no evil as their
lifeblood fertility washes off the fields of America and through the longest
watershed in the US, to end up in the Gulf of Mexico, killing shrimp.
Fundamental principles of permacuture require that we observe what the entire
system is doing and act accordingly. This one concept alone is revolutionary,
when we look at how most human systems operate. At our core, we are willing
to question systems, including our own, rather than believe in them as a
religion that should not be questioned, in spite of any evidence to the
contrary, as the Monsanto crowd does.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:19 AM, Holger Hieronimi