permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Certified Naturally Grown: An alternative label toorganic

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Pete Gasper, Gasper Family Farm" <farmer1@gasperfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Certified Naturally Grown: An alternative label toorganic
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:41:59 -0500

I have little faith in this label. I've known of several instances of farmers using the label while not certified or admittedly engaging in practices contrary to the cert and the organization did nothing.

Principles not paperwork. In the end inspections, paperwork, and certifications cannot make up for what is essentially a moral problem. What we need is personal integrity amoung farmers and a willingness to act on them even if not profitable and be open about ones shortcomings.

Pete