permaculture - Re: [permaculture] To Pinch or not to Pinch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] To Pinch or not to Pinch
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:49:24 -0700 (PDT)

As a busy market gardener with usually over 100 tomato plants in a field
setting, I have never pinched side shoots, because I just do not have the
time to do so.  My tomato plants always give good yields, so I have never
bothered.  I imagine it makes sense to do lots of detailed pruning if you are
growing in a greenhouse up a long string to the ceiling.

Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds

Sign up for my newsletter at www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski