permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:22:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: charles gassiott <cegtt@yahoo.com>

Hello,

I am no longer farming, but I have a farm fully of tools and equipment. I am interested in starting a Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library. 30 years ago when I started with a hoe and a tiller it would have been nice to have access to other hand and tractor equipment. Does anyone have experience with such a program or know of any such places I can write to?

Chuck near Austin, Texas

Reply:

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:44:59 -0500
From: S A

Chuck - I've previously read information out of ATTRA involving tool
sharing, they might be a good contact.

Also, the following link might have some contacts:

http://nebeginningfarmers.org/2012/12/23/5-resources/#5.8%20Resources%20&%20Tools%20for%20Farmers

(below is a selected cut and paste from the above link)
5.8 Resources & Tools for Farmers
...Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library Ten small farmers (LilÂ’
Farm, and Bluebird Meadows Farm) in North Carolina have cooperated to
establish a Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library. They put up
money to purchase tools that no single farm needed on a daily or weekly
basis, and created a place for people to share them...

Another article related to the above:
http://www.youngfarmers.org/farm-hack/2011/04/12/farmhack-sustainable-agriculture-tool-lending-library/

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library, venaurafarm, 04/25/2013