permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ho' lotta hype

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ho' lotta hype
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 00:40:35 -0400

On 4/7/2013 12:25 AM, Steve Hart wrote:

On the subject of hydroponics I do recall a recent debate raging about
acquaponics which like hydroponics has little to do with

Permaculture unless you are supplementing your diet with water products
like "Water
Cress" which I do love and know it has a great range of mineral depending

Watercress grows in a hydroponics environment as do cattails and water lillies, duckweed and many other aquatic food plants. This shows that hydroponics can be used to grow perfectly nutritious food for human consumption.

what water it comes from. Like previous comments if its not from a rich
natural source in response to working with nature then...I'm afraid you did

Yes, I'd say that watercress works closely with nature.

the wrong PDC...and its only a whole lotta hype if ya don't get it and keep
beating on about something that is not. Like the principles that should
have been taught in a PDC if ya dont get it ya dont get it....IMO Steve Hart

I didn't just take the wrong PDC I have never taken any PDC. I am self taught with everything I do. 1) I cannot afford to take a PDC. 2) I need a PDC and know full well the benefits I would receive from such a course, i.e. I am a true believer.

You see this is wrong information:

>>> Which the way I understand hydroponics: There's no soil, no
>>> soil-food-web, no soil biology - it's not even agriculture (much less
>>> permaculture), which helps explain why I become distempered if I eat
>>> even a little (something which I would not knowingly do).

There is no soil, there is aquaculture foodweb and biology. Read the thread on this and pay attention to Toby's input. That will explain all. Then Google the subject for more detailed information.