permaculture - [permaculture] Land, farm, homestead sharing. Anyone have interest in this concept?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Land, farm, homestead sharing. Anyone have interest in this concept?
  • Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:06:42 -0400

Another ongoing thread at Permies.com:
Land, farm, homestead sharing.
http://www.permies.com/t/296/community/land-sharing

Here's my recent input in this thread in case anyone here might be interested:

This post got discussion going:
Q:
"Had anybody had experience with creative ways of sharing ownership of land?"
My reply:
"This is a very important topic for me as I have 6.2 acres in permaculture market farm, finely tuned but weedy by design, that I want to preserve for perpetuity. I would like 1) to retain ownership of my property 2) share it with like minded folks who could live and, utilizing numerous and diverse resources I have here, generate income for themselves while enjoying life at an idyllic country retreat 11 miles from a college town, natural food stores and market opportunities for goods and services

I would really be interested in feedback about this concept and especially from anyone who might be interested in participating
in my own small permaculture/market farming/crafts community."

Lawrence London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Land, farm, homestead sharing. Anyone have interest in this concept?, venaurafarm, 04/06/2013