permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Mycorrizal "fertilizers"?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Mycorrizal "fertilizers"?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 13:59:53 +0100

regarding reviving the spores: to my understandning it is sufficient to get them moist and warm enough and they'll come to life

Georg

Am 23.03.2013 um 04:53 schrieb Alia Tsang:

If you use some soil that a plant with mycorrhizae is/was growing in, you
can get mycelia (the living, tiny strands of mycorrhizae) directly. And
mycelia make a better inoculum than spores because they're actively growing
already. Also, like mentioned in the first post, not every strain of
mycorrhizae makes a lot of spores so you may or may not get enough spores
of what you want to inoculate your plant with.