permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Anti-catholicism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel Jager <dfjager@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Anti-catholicism
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:59:44 -0700 (PDT)

Agreed,
Discussions never remain 'clean' when they are about politics or religion.
However... The 'big systems' in this world are (for the most) rotten to the
core.Why should Permaculture reach out to them. Let Permaculture stay with
small systems. That works, that is manageable. That has always worked!
In case it is not standard fare in Permaculture lit., please read
Schumacher's 'Small is Beautiful'. Classic!
And for the 'big systems'. Let them simmer in their own rot and downsize
themselves a bit, in size and ego. And if after that, *they* then wish to
join *permaculture*. Well, let's see about that in due time.
But until then, let's forget to 'reach out' to these diseased dinosaurs.
Daniel

From: Koreen Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>

It may be that a reason the permaculture movement has not gotten further,
since it has so many really workable, great solutions that should be put into
broad use, is perhaps because of focusing on disagreements and what is wrong
with the other guy, instead of where we can agree and move forward together.
That seems to be a human condition. Maybe we can come up with a design for
that. This was an inspiring piece of news in my email this AM:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/13/1193819/-Liberal-MoveOn-Founder-Tea-Party-Patriots-Co-Founder-Teaming-Up-Politicians-Beware

?
Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com