permaculture - Re: [permaculture] OT: Hugo Chavez, R.I.P., a true Venezuelan hero.| hilarious spoof of bad AP obit.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] OT: Hugo Chavez, R.I.P., a true Venezuelan hero.| hilarious spoof of bad AP obit.
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 03:43:23 -0400

More on this from Alternet. Makes me wonder what next is in store for Cuba.

America the Isolated: Latin American Leaders Mourn Hugo Chavez as U.S.
Expresses Contempt
The responses of Barack Obama and Stephen Harper to Chavez's death are
consistent with past attitudes towards Venezuela and South America’s
growing independence.
http://www.alternet.org/world/america-isolated-latin-american-leaders-mourn-hugo-chavez-us-expresses-contempt?akid=10161.269594.j6-Rug&rd=1&src=newsletter806446&t=13
March 8, 2013 |
"On Tuesday afternoon, Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez passed away,
after a long battle with cancer. The announcement by Vice President
Nicolás Maduro came just minutes after Chávez’s death and elicited an
immediate wave of obituary pieces by pundits who described Chávez as
“divisive”, “authoritarian”, “antagonistic” and “anti-American”, many
of them eager to rush the “transition” in the hopes that Chávez’s
political project would soon fall apart."

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hugo Chavez, R.I.P., a true Venezuelan hero.
> | hilarious spoof of bad AP obit.
> AP: Chavez made "meager" gains, only reduced poverty, didn't build the
> world's tallest building - Boing Boing
> http://boingboing.net/2013/03/08/ap-chavez-made-meager-gai.html
> AP: Chavez Wasted His Money on Healthcare When He Could Have Built Gigantic
> Skyscrapers
> http://www.fair.org/blog/2013/03/06/ap-chavez-wasted-his-money-on-healthcare-when-he-could-have-built-gigantic-skyscrapers/
> FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting — The national media watch group
> http://fair.org/

  • Re: [permaculture] OT: Hugo Chavez, R.I.P., a true Venezuelan hero.| hilarious spoof of bad AP obit., Lawrence London, 03/10/2013