permaculture - [permaculture] Mark Shepard on Restoration Agriculture - YouTube

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mark Shepard on Restoration Agriculture - YouTube
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:37:32 -0500

Mark Shepard on Restoration Agriculture - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb_t-sVVzF0
2 hours 39 minutes
(download the entire film with Firefox and Download Helper add-on)

*Published on Dec 18, 2012 *

Mark Shepard of Viola, Wisconsin speaks to organic farmers about his
permaculture farm, his experiences and techniques in modeling agriculture
after natural, 3-dimensional ecosystems using tree and shrub agroforestry,
keyline water management, rotational grazing, and more.

He also explains why it is imperative that we take up these techniques
immediately and on a large scale in order to sequester carbon, combat
climate change, stop soil erosion, deal with peak oil, improve our air,
water, and wildlife habitat, all while being more resilient and
financially-viable than conventional monoculture farming.

  • [permaculture] Mark Shepard on Restoration Agriculture - YouTube, Lawrence London, 01/31/2013