permaculture - [permaculture] FW: Dave Jacke - This just in from Facebook: Johnny's selling Monsanto seeds!?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alan Enzo <ecoenzo@gmail.com>
  • To: CumberlandGreenRiverBC-list@meetup.com, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, austinperm@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] FW: Dave Jacke - This just in from Facebook: Johnny's selling Monsanto seeds!?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 09:06:19 -0500

Note received today from Dave Jacke:

>From Joel Glanzburg, a PC guy whom I trust, so hard to ignore—anyone have
any more information on this?

"ATTENTION FARMERS AND GARDENERS!
Earlier today my friend Amy who farms on Prince Edward Island posted a list
of seeds owned by Monsanto that are sold at Johnny's Selected Seeds in
Maine, and within a few hours the list was pulled from both fer fb page and
her business page as well. When she spoke to Johnny's today they said
Monsanto won't allow them to publish this information claiming it's
'proprietary
information.' But why doesn't Monsanto want people to know which seed
varieties they 'own'? These are not varieties they've developed (for
example: Big Beef tomatoes), only ones they've recently acquired by buying
up other seed companies -- how is it proprietary information for me to tell
others that Monsanto owns Big Beef tomatoes? Thanks fb for censoring our
posts and preventing the flow of information! BS!

BEAUFORT-Rootstock Tomato
TANGO-White Eggplant
TRUST-Greenhouse Tomato
MAXIFORT-Rootstock Tomato
GERONIMO-Greenhouse Tomato
FAVORITA-Cherry Tomato
REBELSKI-Greenhouse Tomato
SIERRA BLANCA-Sweet white
onion
KING ARTHUR-Green to Red Bell
Pepper
BIG BEEF-Greenhouse Tomato
PRIZEWINNER-Giant Pumpkin
PRIZEWINNER-Giant Pumpkin
FREMONT-White Cauliflower
FAIRY TALE-Striped Eggplant
X3R RED KNIGHT-Green to Red
Bell Pepper
ORANGE SMOOTHIE-Small
Pumpkin
HANSEL-Mini Purple Eggplant
GRETEL-Mini White Eggplant
SAHUARO-Southwestern Pepper
SERRANO DEL SOL-Serrano
Pepper
CHEDDAR-Orange Cauliflower
CANDY-Onion
BISCAYNE-Specialty Pepper
CELEBRITY-Determinate Tomato
PETER PAN-Summer Squash"
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
1 Chevalier Ave. • Greenfield, MA • 01301
603-831-1298 • davej@edibleforestgardens.com

--
*Alan Enzo, Ph.D., M.B.A.*
Permaculture Design