permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Heirloom Seed Sources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Heirloom Seed Sources
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:50:38 -0700

Also, Turtle Tree Seeds is doing phenomenal work, and has lots of European
heirlooms. Lists like this need to reflect the work of new heirloom
developers, that is, bioregional seed companies that produce their own seed
and continue with selection based breeding. It's not enough to preserve the
varieties of the past in China and ship them back to the US. We need new
breeders out there creating the new bioregional heirlooms that are
genetically adapting to shifting climate.

--
Jason Gerhardt
Designer and Educator