permaculture - [permaculture] Policy and Permaculture - Northeast Food System

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Amy Little" <amylittle@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Northeast Permaculture'" <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>, "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Policy and Permaculture - Northeast Food System
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:45:15 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am organizing a policy roundtable for farmers and organizations working on
federal food and ag policies. This is a diverse mix of food sector
interests and includes cooperative associations, farmer groups, nutrition,
urban, rural, worker justice, research and conservation interests, among
others. We are developing policy options and strategies for federal
policies to address the local and regional needs of the Northeast farm and
food system. Some of the participants practice permaculture in some
expression.

I am reaching out more directly to the permaculture community - Who among
you would like to get more involved in helping shape federal policies and
focus federal dollars that will boost permaculture practices and local food
systems? You will be participating with other farm and food sector folks
and wanting to participate in a little advocacy. We will be having a meeting
and strategy session early in 2013 (was last month but got rescheduled due
to hurricane sandy). Even if you can't come to the meeting, we can work
together in other ways.

Amy

Amy Little, Organizer

NESAWG, The Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

http://www.nesawg.org <http://www.nesawg.org/>

845-255-0822 home office

845-853-3440 cell

amylittle@hvc.rr.com