permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Finding Permaculture Projects and People

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Campbell <jocecampbell@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Finding Permaculture Projects and People
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:03:13 -0700

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Alan Enzo <ecoenzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tribe!
>
> We have a PDC student that lives in Macomb, IL, and she is wondering if
> there are any projects, sites, or Permaculture people in that area that she
> can connect with.
>
> We looked on the PermacultureGlobal.com site, and found only one person
> listed nearby.
>
> Are there any another databases or listings that we could check to find
> Permaculture people and projects?
>

> Thank you!
>
> Enzo
> --
> *Alan Enzo, Ph.D., M.B.A.*
> Ecological Economics
> Permaculture Design
> Sustainable Business
> www.AshevillePermaculture.com
> www.PermacultureEducation.com
>
> *"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
> something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."* -
> Richard Buckminster Fuller
>
> Hi Enzo,

Have you or your student tried permies.com?

In the midwest usa forum <http://www.permies.com/forums/f-31/midwest-usa>,
I found this thread: getting started
Illinois<http://www.permies.com/t/12924/midwest-usa/Getting-Started-Illinois>

Searched for Macomb and found, in the introductions
forum<http://www.permies.com/forums/f-68/introductions>,
Macomb County in Michigan: new here and interested (from
Michigan)<http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/12579#151232>
.

>From the permaculture forum <http://www.permies.com/forums/f-2/permaculture>,
here's another Illinois search result: I want to permaculture my
farm<http://www.permies.com/t/11846/permaculture/want-permaculture-farm>
.

There were more threads discussing Illinois, which could lead to
opportunities to connect, these were just meant as a start.

Hope that might help. Cheers!

Jocelyn