permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Stop the War on Front Yard Vegetable Gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Stop the War on Front Yard Vegetable Gardens
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 00:31:52 -0400

On 7/20/2012 12:02 AM, Bob Waldrop wrote:
Hehehe, Lawrence, my point is "avoid monocultures" and use a "diversity
of social media approaches." Probably there is a petition site
affiliated with this issue with a non-FB petition. If not, someone
should start one. It's what I would do if I was managing this. I'd
have a website with a place to sign, an email newsletter, a discussion
group, Twitter account, FB, google+,.

Exactly. A working site with accessable petition. If they want media coverage, i.e. boing boing, they will have to offer something that is easy to find and use.

Frankly, with all the silly municipal ordinances and neighborhood covenants denying people the right to grow their own food in their yards
we need a massive collaboration of folks across the nation to resist this nonsense.

About whitewashing roofs - why not re-roof with prepainted metal which lasts a lifetime with no maintenance, comes in 3' widths with regular ridges (V's) and any length. Is not expensive.