permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Farming as a permaculture system. Re: [SANET-MG] yield of conventional vs organic farms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Farming as a permaculture system. Re: [SANET-MG] yield of conventional vs organic farms
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 23:10:45 -0400

On 6/8/2012 5:33 PM, Jason Gerhardt wrote:
Buckwheat cover crop is a notorious phosphate scavenger. If your climate
permits, bring this into your rotation.

I would guess tall sweet clover too. I have both white flowering and yellow growing on my property, I have encouraged it since I discovered it growing in 1978 when I bought my land. It is rare to find it growing wild these days. Some of my plants are now 7' tall.