permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Job opening, Belize

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Job opening, Belize
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Christopher,

Just wanted to say hi and i do open some of your emails and read them.

Wishing you the very best and all the plants and people around San Pedro
Columbia (heck, the whole earth).

Love and strength

Michael Pilarski

--- On Sat, 6/2/12, christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>

From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
Subject: [permaculture] Job opening, Belize
To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 10:09 AM

Maya Mountain Research farm is looking for long term caretakers to live on
the farm and assist in managing the day to day of what we do. You can read
about us here www.mmrfbz.org, and www.facebook.com/MayaMountainResearchFarm/.
The position pays USD150 a month and includes room and board, opportunities
to participate in training, photovoltaic installations.

We would like PDC graduates, preferably with time spent in remote areas
and/or time spent in developing countries. We do good things on a small
budget, and could use some help.

The position lends itself to a couple. The housing is a simple structure with
solar lighting.

The fine print.: MMRF is off the road, off the grid and is not for everyone.
Most of the food is vegetarian. We have a no drugs, no tobacco, no alcohol
policy. We cook with fuel wood. The stipend is minimal. It gets muddy. It
rains. We can have bugs. There may be times you will be on the land alone for
up to 5 days. Even non workdays, like Sunday, there are chores that need
done.

Anyone interested should send a copy of their CV.

Christopher Nesbitt

Maya Mountain Research Farm
San Pedro Columbia, Toledo
PO 153 Punta Gorda Town, Toledo