permaculture - Re: [permaculture] cash crops

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] cash crops
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 17:47:43 -0500

On 2/2/2012 3:59 PM, Crystal Powers wrote:
I resonate with your situation. We are still working it out ourselves. I
feel that permacultue does factor in the living piece, at least in my
readings. I think the important thing is to look at your farm and see what
it will support in the permaculture sense. What is the best mix for your
environment and customer base?

Its more like look at your SITE (farm, land, forest, water, etc.) through the immense lens of permaculture and see what possibilities there are for any ventures. There will always be some from minimal intrusion on existing natural systems to constructed systems, earthworks being another matter entirely and can enhance or make possible many different forms of agriculture (I have done this on my mini market farm).

LL