permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To I.D. Genetically Modified Food at the Supermarket « Kipnews | Kipnews.org | Knowledge is power

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To I.D. Genetically Modified Food at the Supermarket « Kipnews | Kipnews.org | Knowledge is power
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 02:09:09 -0500

On 1/16/2012 1:56 AM, Jocelyn Campbell wrote:
Hey Lawrence, I posted this info a couple places, too, and unfortunately,
it's an urban legend.

See this consumer advocate's article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-smith/plu-codes-do-not-indicate_b_473088.html

Thanks for the update which is consistent with a comment following my Google+ Xpost of the article:

"I'm hearing now, after posting this, that it was set up that way but that few companies are complying with it."

That is all the more reason to avoid most mass marketed foods and seek out local producers and/or grow you own...

LL