permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Scientific Papers on Urban Rainwater Harvesting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Scientific Papers on Urban Rainwater Harvesting
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:59:01 -0500

On 1/11/2012 8:12 PM, Jason Gerhardt wrote:
Hi All,
I'm in need of some quick links to scientific research studies that have
been completed that demonstrate urban rainwater harvesting, via rain
gardens, positively impacting water quality in streams, rivers, bays, and
lakes.

I'm serving as an advisor to a local organization in the application of a
grant and we need to attach scientific papers that support rainwater
harvesting improving water body quality. I've been called in last minute
on this so I am up against a deadline, any links you know of, please send
out to the list.

<><><>

I have been subscribed to this forum for a while and found it to be useful and interesting. Here's access info plus a sample message.
LL
<>

Rainwater Harvesting Discussion Forum
__._,_.___

rainwaterharvesting · Rainwater Harvesting Forum
rainwaterharvesting@yahoogroups.com
http://www.rwh.in/
An open forum dedicated to rain water harvesting (http://www.rwh.in/) as natural source of water for household and garden needs.

Rainwater collection, purification, and storage will be discussed. Offgrid living, cistern construction, water conservation, system sizing, grey water recycling, radioactive rainwater and other topics are welcomed.
Photo, diagrams, and instructional material can be found in the files and photo's section.
Links to other helpful sites are found in the links section.
Case study of RWH Click here.
http://www.rwh.in/
Sitemap of RWH Click here.
http://www.rwh.in/sitemap.htm
DIY Rainwater Barrel by Garden Water Saver Click here.
http://rwhdigest.com/rainbarrel.htm
Rainbarrel Tutorial: How to make a rain barrel Click here.
http://www.rwh.in/howto.htm
You tube on RWH Click here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=OBz3Etso_t8
What can the Wizard do for you Click here.
http://wizardanswers.com/
Use Flickr service www.flickr.com for sending photo to our group.
http://www.flickr.com/
NEW IRHA Projects waiting for funding… www.irha-h20.org (http://www.irha-h2o.org/?p=1328) IRHA have begun the process of fundraising for newly formulated project, Blue Schools in Gitega, Burundi. Please help IRHA to reach the target and get this project started.
NEW How to build and own a beautiful, inespensive house Green Wood House. http://www.raincentre.in/The_Green_Wood_House.pdf