permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A report to the parliament ofBritain | a ...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A report to the parliament ofBritain | a ...
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:41:06 -0500

On 1/9/2012 6:30 PM, John D'hondt wrote:

I happen to agree with your first sentence BrandoM3.
However, where do you get that second one that there is no objective
science?
Prof. Joe Cummins, Prof. Huber and Dr. Eva Sirinathinghji are real
scientists. What is most typical for science is questioning everything.
I think you should learn to make a distinction between real scientists and
"actors" that dress in a white lab coat and get paid to confuse the ignorant
public.

John, Mark knows the difference between good and bad scientists, however he is new to this forum and knows nothing about Joe, Mae, Eva, Huber and others you and I have been reading for years in sanet and eleswhere. You could provide some background on Cummins, Wae Won Ho, ISI and Dr. Huber if you have time.

Mark has many years of experience protecting the habitats of endangered snakes and is the expert I would see advice from when I needed detailed information. He is instrumental in establishing a protection zone for the endangered and very rare copperbelly water snake in Michigan. He managed to have a public road closed to traffic and blocked for further use in the process.

Mark is a perfect fit for this discussion forum and I am sure will field questions about wildlife management sent his way. He and I date back to somewhere around 1961 when we shared a rural log cabin in the country outside Chapel Hill where he was in school at UNC. I think that if there had been any career opportunities in permaculture back then we would probably have followed that path, at least I would have.

When are you going to post pictures of your farm? How close are you to the water, i.e. ocean or lake?

LL