permaculture - [permaculture] Dominican Republic and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Eric Broberg <narthexdreams@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Dominican Republic and Permaculture
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 21:46:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
In a couple months, I am starting an agriculture assignment with the Peace
Corps in the Dominican Republic involving organic cacao and coffee
production. I wanted to ask if anyone has contacts to individuals and
organizations in the DR that are involved in Permaculture, cacao or coffee.
Really any information, stories, or articles you have on those subjects would
be appreciated. And, finally, if you just want to put in your two cents and
keep in touch, please do. E-mail me at eric_broberg@hotmail.com, because I am
not able to check this list-serv very often.

Also, I would like to bring as many copies as possible of the
bookIntroduccion a la Permacultura (the Spanish-language version of
Introduction to Permaculture) by Bill Mollison, to give to interested people
and groups within the DR. The country has not had much exposure to
Permaculture, the first PDC taking place there only in 2011. Unfortunately, I
personally can't afford to buy more than one copy of the book, which is
priced at $39.98 on abebooks.com
(http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=introduccion+permacultura&x=0&y=0)
and $49.95 on amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0908228090/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1325914428&sr=8-1&condition=new).

If you have a copy of the book and would like to donate it, please e-mail me
at eric_broberg@hotmail.com. If you would like to donate enough money to buy
a book via paypal or some other means, please e-mail as well (or use the
above e-mail as my paypal e-mail.) I will let you know who ends up with the
book, and why they deserve to have it!

Thanks so much,
Eric Broberg