permaculture - [permaculture] efficiency vs. sustainability: 2000 acre commercial organic

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] efficiency vs. sustainability: 2000 acre commercial organic
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:44:54 -0600

This might be my most important podcast made so far.

This podcast wrestles with some of the toughest stuff about organic,
conventional, "conventional organic", permaculture, fukuoka's
techniques, efficiency, sustainability and population growth. Not the
stuff you would expect.

Helen Atthowe is currently managing a 2000 acre certified organic
operation which includes a 5000 member CSA. She expresses that she
has doubts about sustainable systems being able to compete with
conventional systems.

This is the brutal nitty gritty stuff that 99% of the people with
"sustainable" or "permaculture" on their lips have no clue about.

http://su.pr/6AEW3V

---

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

  • [permaculture] efficiency vs. sustainability: 2000 acre commercial organic, paul wheaton, 06/27/2011