permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gmo plantings in wildlife refuges

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Mary Smith" <maryshaeffer@comcast.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gmo plantings in wildlife refuges
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:34:02 -0600

Frances,

Can you please verify: Are you questioning the veracity or are you stating
that you would like to see anyone out there attempt to discredit this
information?

I believe it is quite accurate as I have read it from three different
sources and even read the publication that was attached to the previous
post. Looks like this is a happening thing and there is no chance to get it
stopped.

Anyone have any ideas how we can throw of cog in the wheel of this machine?

My family-of-origin live in SD and are big hunters. My husband and I no
longer eat any of the pheasants or quail that are hunted there and limit
ourselves to only dove (doves eat wheat and sunflowers, pheasants and quail
eat corn and sometimes, soy, which is what mid-west farmers are growing
almost exclusively now and almost all GMO varieties).

Even the wildlife NOT on public lands are being affected.

If this keeps up, none of us will have any choice for non-gmo tainted foods.

Mary

Mary Shaeffer Smith
maryshaeffer@comcast.net
303-919-6314