permaculture - [permaculture] Alternatives to Dentists Workshop in Central Texas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Alternatives to Dentists Workshop in Central Texas
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:42:15 -0500

*Two Amazing Events in One Day: Alternatives To Dentists Workshop AND The Bug Eating Festival*

We have two amazing events that will amplify your self-reliance skills tremendously if you can get to Central Texas. We plan on videoing both of these events, for those of you who can't attend. The main part of the day (from 9am to 4pm) is a workshop on how to handle dental issues yourself (which will include the skills to treating infections without antibiotics). Very powerful and extremely useful information. In the afternoon, (starting around 5pm) we offer you a fun way to experience a source of protein and fat you might not have ever considered, but in the future this could possibly save your life. You can sign up for one, or both of these events. Read below for details and we will see you on Sunday May 15th !
*ALTERNATIVES TO DENTISTS AND TREATING INFECTIONS WITHOUT ANTI-BIOTICS (9am-4pm)
*

In this one-day class Doug Simons will teach two very important subjects; how to care for your teeth without access to a dentist, and how to handle infections without using antibiotics. Doug has spent most of the last 30 years living off the land very primitively in the Gila Wilderness. We are lucky to have this amazing herbalist and healer coming to Central Texas to teach simple methods for handling some major health issues. I have personally been using these techniques and can vouch for their effectiveness.
Dental workshop agenda:

Morning session (9 am - noon)
- Effective dental hygiene without brushes, paste, or floss
- Treating cavities with herbs
- Treating abscesses with herbs and poultices
- Treating cracked and chipped teeth
- Treating gums and gum disease

Lunch break approximately 1 hour - *bring you own sack lunch*

Afternoon session (1:00pm - 4:00 pm)
- Using poultices to treat deep infection
- How to make a poultice: what plants, techniques, and most common mistakes
- Treating broken bones and sprains with poultices
- Treating stings and bites

*BUG EATING FESTIVAL (5pm to 7:30pm)
*

Bring the kids! Bring yourself! But leave everything you've been taught about good table manners at home. We're gonna eat bugs! Entomophogy...The worldwide practice of eating insects (and spiders). Big fat juicy ones, wee little skinny ones, we're all gonna eat bugs. Why not do it in a fun and friendly environment - you never know when you might really need it....

Allen Davisson will be visiting us for our fourth year to create another amazing evening that you and your kids will be remember for the rest of your lives. Kids under 18 yrs old are free for the Bug festival. If you have a camera, bring it! We will be preparing tasty treats of grasshoppers, crickets, spiders, katydids, bees, wasps, wormy things and if we're lucky, a scorpion or two.

This will be a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bugs to share) party; start catching them early so we have lots! They can be stored in a bag in the freezer until the 15th but get an early start so we have a swarm.

This will also be a 'normal' potluck so *bring a dish of ordinary food to share. *Bring a dish large enough to feed 8 hungry people.

Grasshoppers, crickets, katydids... keep them alive overnight so they get a chance to "purge" then freeze em.
Wasp nests... into a jar with the whole nest... NOTHING will be wasted.
Wolf Spiders... put on a headlamp and their eyes glow like green laser emeralds at night. They taste like chicken but they'll eat each other so keep em separate.
Grubs...new on our menu this year... not for the faint of heart.
Mealworms.... Usually from the pet store but we wouldn't want to miss em!
Scorpians - yum, yum, the best of the flavors - bring as many as you can. They show up yellow at night under a black light - that is the easiest way to catch them.

Both of these incredible events will be held at the Watterson Dance hall in Red Rock about 45 miles SE of Austin. You must pre-register to attend. The workshop and bug eating party will fill up quickly!
Below are some buttons to register for the workshop alone, the bug Festival alone, or a combination of both. We apologize for the crude button codes and the possibility you might have to checkout several times. The costs per person are:

The Dental Workshop and Bug Festival together is $85.00

The Dental Workshop Only is $75.00

The Bug Festival Only is $10.00

You must pre-register to attend. Go to link to workshops registration to register.
Backyard Food Production <www.backyardfoodproduction.com/dvd>

www.backyardfoodproduction.com <www.backyardfoodproduction.som>