permaculture - [permaculture] Alternative Fuels Opportunity from PA Bulletin of April 9th

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Carl DuPoldt <cdupoldt@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Alternative Fuels Opportunity from PA Bulletin of April 9th
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

NOTICES
Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program; Program Opportunity
[41 Pa.B. 1970]
[Saturday, April 9, 2011]

 The Department of Environmental Protection (Department), Bureau of Energy,
Innovations and Technology Deployment announces an opportunity to apply for
grants under the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program (Program) to
improve this Commonwealth's air quality and reduce consumption of imported
oil through the use of homegrown alternative fuels that will help this
Commonwealth's economy and environment. The Department is seeking
applications for innovative, advanced fuel and vehicle technology projects
resulting in cleaner advanced alternative transportation within this
Commonwealth.

 Funding is available for school districts, municipal authorities, political
subdivisions, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies
or partnerships incorporated or registered in this Commonwealth to retrofit
fleet vehicles to operate on alternative fuels, subsidize the cost of the
purchase of an alternative fuel vehicle for a fleet or subsidize the cost to
install fleet refueling equipment for alternative fuel vehicles or support
next phase advanced research, development and training related to alternative
fuels and alternative fuel vehicles.

 Funding is also available for school districts, municipal authorities,
political subdivisions and nonprofit entities to subsidize the incremental
cost to purchase biofuel and provide refueling and storage equipment or
related tank cleaning.