permaculture - [permaculture] planting around fruit trees...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "frances and/or david" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] planting around fruit trees...
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:11:23 -0700

http://www.gardenguides.com/83423-plant-around-fruit-trees.html

i’m liking what i’m learning here...
good information.
guess i need to address the tent caterpillar scenario that is happening
locally!

fran
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 22:02:53 +0200
From: Filiz Telek <filizatbaraka@gmail.com>
To: organic_architecture@yahoogroups.com,
International Permaculture List <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>,
permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>,
general@europe.ecovillage.org, permaship@googlegroups.com
Subject: [permaculture] Natural Building workshop and Apprenticing to the
Earth

Hello dear friends on all sacred corners of the world,

I would like to extend you invitations for two beautiful Earthy events,
please feel free to share them with friends and relevant circles...

First event is "*Natural Building Workshop*" that will take place in
Bayramic, *Turkey, 4-11 June 2011*.
Hosts: *Janell Kapoor, Penny Livingston Stark and Filiz Telek
*
Workshop Content:
- INTRO & GENERAL DESIGN: ethics & principles of natural building, site
selection, passive solar design, water systems, characteristics of natural
materials, pros and cons of wall systems
- WALLS: adobe, cob, wattle & daub variations, slipstraw, strawbale
- NATURAL FINISHES: earthen plasters and clay paints
- PLUS: sculptural relief, mosaic, niches
- FOUNDATIONS: design, drainage, stone, earth bag
- LOCAL METHODS: Kerpiç plaster, şıkşıkı wall
- COMMUNITY: natural building & the permaculture and principles, global
natural building movement, community building
- JOY & FUN: good food, music, celebration, play

For more information and registration form, please take a look at
http://medicinewords.org/2011/03/01/building-with-nature/

***

Second event is *Apprenticing to the Earth, 25 May-1 June at
Axladitsa-Avatakia http://www.axladitsa.org/ in South Pelion, Greece*.
Hosts: *Sarah Whiteley, Maria Scordialos, Vanessa Reid, Janell Kapoor, Filiz
Telek, Penny Livingston Stark and Axladitsa Avatakia*

Our calling question is “How can we open ourselves to re-membrance with the
Earth to cultivate our capacity to Source the wise actions needed at this
time of significant transformation of humanity and planet?” We invite you to
be part of a rich trans-local community of learners, with a wonderfully
diverse circle of living wholeness hosts with visiting faculty, the wild
land of Axladitsa, and our local community.

Permaculture and natural building will be our embodied practice in this
inquiry along with contemplative practices of listening to land and
connecting with both the visible and invisible aspects of nature. We will
invite the Earth’s wisdom to inform our practices of permaculture, natural
building and the conscious kitchen and engage the modalities of
conversation, silence, listening to land, writing, artwork, local cuisine
and other creative expressions – to inform, cultivate and inspire our
natural capacities and access our deepest intelligences, in service of
people and planet.

Please find the Apprenticing to the Earth invitation and the registration &
fee form at http://medicinewords.org/2011/02/07/invitation-to-ap
prenticing-to-the-earth/ <http://www.axladitsa.org/calendar.htm>

If you wish to register, or if you have any questions at all about payment,
fees, scholarships or sponsorships, please contact Sarah Whiteley at
sarahwhiteley.hara@virgin.net

love and light,
--
*Filiz Telek*
*

Join me for APPRENTICING TO THE
EARTH<http://medicinewords.org/2011/02/07/invitation-to-apprenticing-to-the-earth/>
(May
25-June 1) in Greece & NATURAL BUILDING
WORKSHOP<http://medicinewords.org/2011/03/01/building-with-nature/>
(4-11
June) in Turkey
EKOLOJİK MİMARİ & DOĞAL YAPI
ATÖLYESİ<http://surdurulebiliryasam.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/ekolojik-mimari-ve-dogal-yapi-atolyesi/>
(4-11
Haziran) Bayramiç, Kazdağı

2011 is here! Now is the time to step into our authenticity and passions,
to surrender to the divine and to align with Mother Earth.
We are entering a new era, it is the point of Great Turning.
Your leap of faith is required.
May you have a joyful transition...

  • [permaculture] planting around fruit trees..., frances and/or david, 04/05/2011