permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Need name of eco farm | Movie to see: "Alamar"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Need name of eco farm | Movie to see: "Alamar"
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:56:34 -0400

On 3/13/2011 12:00 PM, L. Santoyo wrote:
Lawrence and Carmenza- thanks...

This is great- another byproduct/nutrient recycling/stacking/next best use-
permaculture story for me...

LL, when you find the photo's of the processing let us know... I'll be
teaching (and learning!) at a design course with Scott Pittman at a place in
Mexico with similar practices. The Tosepan Titataniske Cooperative, in the
northern mountainous region of Puebla, Mexico- where the coffee is a
by-product of their biodiversity management program.

Larry, you would enjoy viewing the movie Alamar. It is a must see.

My FB comments posted last night during the viewing:

"....I want to go to the sea...even if I have to go walking..."

"...there's no hurry to get there..."
[quotes from the movie]

from a lovely movie I am watching on Netflix - a fisherman's idyllic life on a Carribean island.

"Alamar"
the movie - highly recommended
It is mostly a documentary about Banko Chinchorro in Mexico, the second largest coral barrier reef in the world - in the process of being declared a world ecological heritage site. They need to do the same with Cuba, especially the rare very divers ecological zone they have there; a movie has been made about it.