permaculture - [permaculture] Natural Building Workshop, 4-11 June 2011, Turkey

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Filiz Telek <filizatbaraka@gmail.com>
  • To: International Permaculture List <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, general@europe.ecovillage.org, sarabaan <sarabaan@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Natural Building Workshop, 4-11 June 2011, Turkey
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:01:55 +0100

Dear friends,

We would like to invite you to "*Natural Building Workshop*" that will take
place in *Bayramic, Turkey, 4-11 June 2011*. (June 4 arrival date, June 11
departure date)

If you would like to learn how to build a house that breathes,a house that
maintains its inner-climate, collects water, produces energy, manages waste,

a house that is built with loving hands and natural materials for
the well-being of its inhabitants, please consider joining our workshop.

*Workshop Content:*

- INTRO & GENERAL DESIGN: ethics & principles of natural building, site
selection, passive solar design, water systems, characteristics of natural
materials, pros and cons of wall systems

- WALLS: adobe, cob, wattle & daub variations, slipstraw, strawbale

- NATURAL FINISHES: earthen plasters and clay paints

- PLUS: sculptural relief, mosaic, niches

- FOUNDATIONS: design, drainage, stone, earth bag

- LOCAL METHODS: Kerpiç plaster, şıkşıkı wall

- COMMUNITY: natural building & the permaculture and principles, global
natural building movement, community building

- JOY & FUN: good food, music, celebration, play

**For more information, please take a look at
http://medicinewords.org/2011/03/01/building-with-nature/

For questions, contact Filiz Telek at filizatbaraka@gmail.com

We look forward to building and playing with you!

Hosts,
Janell Kapoor, Penny Livingston Stark and Filiz Telek

--
Filiz Telek
*Social artist, process designer, poet/writer*,

2011 is here! Now is the time to step into our authenticity and passions,
to surrender to the divine and to align with Mother Earth.
We are entering a new era, it is the point of Great Turning.
Your leap of faith is required.
May you have a joyful transition...

  • [permaculture] Natural Building Workshop, 4-11 June 2011, Turkey, Filiz Telek, 03/01/2011