permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven workshop
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:50:52 -0500

On 2/15/2011 9:40 PM, Jennifer Nazak wrote:

http://www.stovetec.net/shop/index.php?>main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=35
The one I had, I had trouble making fires in! Had trouble getting a
> fire to catch. I had much more success with my homemade rocket stove > made of tin cans.

Good for you, Jenny. Nothing beats hands on and homebrew design and fab.

Would love to hear other people's experience with these "Official"
ones. Certainly these stoves are beautiful, and hefty, very solid. I
would love to hear that other people had good experiences, and that
my lack of fire-making success was more about me than about the
stove! ;)

I would be interested in this too.

Where are there plans with specifications, i.e. materials & dimensions
for a really clean burning rocketstove, free plans or proven designs
with plans for purchase? Needs to be started without accompanying clouds of smoke.

Tnx for any leads.

LL