permaculture - [permaculture] grain bags as mulch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Jackson <kairos.chris@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] grain bags as mulch
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:29:25 -0500

Hey everyone,
I've been stockpiling grain bags here on my farm. In the past year, they
stopped using plastic lining, so I thought that I could save them for weed
barriers in mulching. I did notice that there was a label that said
"treated with anti skid" and another that said that the bags are certified
as "shipping" bags. There is no other info in terms of recycled content,
ink, or anything else. The company that made the bags is Rouvelle in
Quebec, and their website had no info of any use. Does anyone know if I
should be concerned about using these for mulching?
Chris

  • [permaculture] grain bags as mulch, Chris Jackson, 02/16/2011