permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jennifer Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven workshop
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:40:35 -0800 (PST)

Lawrence wrote

>How do you rate these rocket stoves?

>Particularly this one:

>http://www.stovetec.net/shop/index.php?>main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=35

I had one very similar - looks like this one was made by the same company as
the one I had a couple of years back, but the one you mention looks like it
has a couple more bells and whistles. I paid about $75 for mine (plus I think
about $40 postage); the price listed here is $119.

The one I had, I had trouble making fires in! Had trouble getting a fire to
catch. I had much more success with my homemade rocket stove made of tin cans.

Would love to hear other people's experience with these "Official" ones.
Certainly these stoves are beautiful, and hefty, very solid. I would love to
hear that other people had good experiences, and that my lack of fire-making
success was more about me than about the stove! ;)

Jenny

Jenny Nazak, permaculture publicist @ large, 512-619-5363

"We are seldom, if ever, locked into a reality that we can't change simply by
deciding to change our beliefs." (Harry Palmer, author of the AvatarĀ®
materials, www.TheAvatarCourse.com AvatarĀ® is a registered trademark of
Star's Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.)